Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shoe Review - Brooks Green Silence

I have been playing with my technique for the last year. In an attempt to improve my economy and endurance. With the new year comes new challenges, and new shoes. 

The latest trend has been minimalist, low heel and as close to a "natural" stride as possible. 

Today: Brooks - Green Silence
Marketed as a racing flat and made from recycled materials it feels good on the feet. I took them for a 10k run in Stanley park with an easy pace. 

Overall: The shoes performed well. The cushioning is comfortable, though after 10k I do feel a little bit of a burn on my Forefoot; my feet know this is not my normal Stability shoe. These shoes flex really nice, and the low heel makes it really easy to avoid accidental heel strikes. Time will tell better, but these could be a really solid training or even racing shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment