Monday, January 3, 2011

Shoe Review - Nike Free Run (Livestrong Edition)

Shoe Review - Nike Free Run (Livestrong edition)

Shoes today were Nike Free Run with a little Vaseline on the pads of my feet.

Not suggested for running on slippery roads, the square tread pattern made the frost very hazardous. I really didn't get into my run today due to other problems so this review has a big TBD on it. And I plan to add to my thoughts on my shoes more as they wear in.

They feel a little strange at first, but the tread flexibility through my stride is consistent and very comfortable. The padding is warm and not restrictive at all and for such a cold morning, the shoes were really warm. I am looking forward to more runs on these to see how they perform on longer distances, and better conditions.

I like them so far, I will see how they perform on more runs going forward.

Update 7/10/2011
I have to say, I have not run a lot in these shoes since this original post.
After two track workouts and a couple of short (6 mile ish) runs I am not impressed. I like to have a little more feel on the road than these shoes provide, and despite the Free Image that these shoes advertise, they feel like a much more flexible version of a traditional runner, which misses the point of Going for a minimal shoe.

Final Verdict, these for me are walking shoes, in the last 6 months I may have logghed 100k on them, they are not my favorite running shoes. As for walking comfort, they are pretty comfortable, and they still look brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment